Do I Need a Bankruptcy Lawyer?
What Northern California Consumers Need to Know About Working With a Bankruptcy Attorney
If you are feeling anxious or nervous about hiring a Northern California bankruptcy attorney, you shouldn’t. An attorney's job is to help you find the best solution to your legal matter. Below are a few examples of when it is in your best interests to hire a lawyer:
- You are behind on your mortgage payments, and are considering foreclosure or bankruptcy
- You are getting overwhelmed with creditor calls
- You are feeling like you will never get out from under the mountain of debt you are facing
- You are facing auto repossession or have had your car repossessed
- You want to take control of the financial chaos and start fresh
To learn more about hiring an attorney, read our Guide to Hiring a Lawyer section.
If you are facing any of these, or have another debt-related legal matter not listed, you should consider talking with several lawyers before choosing one. To search for bankruptcy lawyers in Northern California, begin now by clicking your county link on this page, or by browsing our directory for local law firms in your area that match your needs. To learn more about bankruptcy law, go to our Learn About Bankruptcy Law section.